Apply to be a Vendor
Food, high-quality merchandise and community vendors are invited to participate in the annual Coast Guard Community Festival. More than 5,000 people are expected to attend the event. Vendor spaces are limited and will be granted by application only. Coast Guard-themed merchandise is encouraged and preferred. Spaces are typically 10’ x 10’ with electrical hookups available upon request.
Application deadline: April 1, 2023.
The 6th annual Coast Guard Community Festival at Training Center Cape May will be held May 20, 2023. The festival celebrates Cape May County’s designation as an official Coast Guard Community and recognizes the ongoing special relationship between the Coast Guard and our local communities. Vendors are invited to enhance the festival atmosphere by providing high-quality food service and merchandise sales with a special emphasis on products related to the Coast Guard. The festival committee will approve all vendors to ensure that sales are consistent with the mission of the festival. No political, confederate or rebel merchandise allowed. Vendors unloading merchandise will be allowed in the Vendor Lot, all other will be directed to the overflow lot.
- Admission to the festival is free.
- The festival is held on an active military base. All rules and regulations must be followed at all times.
- A list of names of individuals entering the base as part of each vendor’s company will be required in advance of the festival. Adults are required to have valid photo identification. Vehicles must have valid registration and insurance. Bags and containers are subject to search.
- Any vendor who misrepresents themselves on this application will be asked to leave the festival.
- Once your application is accepted, fees are non-refundable for any reason including weather.
- Make checks payable to Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation.
- Vendors are required to have their areas set-up by 9:45 AM and must remain until 4 PM. LATE SET-UP AND EARLY BREAKDOWN IS NOT ALLOWED. Materials or items may not be left on site.
- The festival is a rain or shine event. There is no rain date. All vendor spaces are outdoors. No shelter will be provided. Vendors must be prepared for a full day outdoors with proper precautions taken to protect from weather-related issues (wind, sun, etc.)
- Vendors who elect to bring their own tent are responsible for properly securing it for wind by using weights (sandbags, concrete buckets, water jugs, etc.). Staking of tents is not allowed.
- Vendors may bring food for their own consumption during the day. This food cannot be offered for sale. Alcoholic beverages may not be brought on base.
- Parking will be provided in a designated area for one vehicle associated with the vendor. The vehicle must remain parked for the whole event. Vehicle movement is not allowed during the festival.
- The location of your vendor space will be determined by the committee, and you will not be notified in advance of the event.
- The festival does not assume responsibility for any loss or damage of property related to the vendor’s participation in the festival.
- Vendors will be required to present a Certificate of Insurance naming “Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation” as co-insured.
- All Vendors must provide a LIST OF STAFF by May 1, 2023. Please list the names of all staff setting up your exhibit and working throughout the day of the event. THE COAST GUARD RUNS THIS LIST FOR SPECIAL CLEARANCE.
*WI-FI not available on site.