Homeschooling Families Support Program Information
Objective: The Objective of the Homeschooling Families Support Program is to aid Active-Duty Coast Guard families with the cost of their Homeschooling Curriculum. Through communications with Coast Guard families, we have determined there is a significant group who choose to Homeschool. Our goal at the Foundation is to recognize the needs of our families and do our best to support them while stationed in Cape May County.
Eligibility: This Program is open to Active-Duty Coast Guard members and their families who are stationed in Cape May County
Eligible programs: We recognize that every family manages their Homeschooling Program in different ways and each child has different needs. When applying for this Program, in order for us to assist you, there will be a brief phone interview with the Homeschooling Parent and the Executive Director.
Program Restrictions: Maximum of $400 per family, per school year
Exclusions from support:
- School supplies, extracurricular activities including music lessons and physical activity lessons. Science experiment supplies may be considered.
- Support is not guaranteed and is dependent upon availability of funds.
- The Foundation has final authority on support decisions.
Process to request reimbursement:
1. Initial payment made by Coast Guard family
2. . Request reimbursement via one of three methods:
a) Submit online “Homeschooling Families Support Program Application Form” with a copy of the receipts for the Curriculum Items purchased, OR
c) Download, print and return Application and copy of the receipts for the Curriculum Items purchased and send via US Mail to:
Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1365
Rio Grande, NJ 08242
3. Reimbursement check will be mailed to the Coast Guard member by the end of the month after the month of receipt (e.g., check for request received in January will be mailed by end of February)
Please email [email protected] with any questions.