The objective of the Backpack Brigade Program is to help Active-Duty Coast Guard families get a jump start on the next school year for their school age children. This program, operated by the Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation will provide backpacks donated by Operation Homefront with a starter kit of supplies provided by Dollar Tree Inc. as children head back to school. The Foundation’s intention is to assist our Active-Duty Coast Guard Families with this costly task.
The program is open to the school-age children K-12 of Active-Duty Coast Guard Members and their families who either reside or are stationed in Cape May County. This program is available to families PCS’ing to Cape May County this summer.
- Maximum of 1 backpack per child.
- Deadline to register for the 2022 Backpack Brigade is July 15.
Supplies are limited and are on a first come, first served registration basis. The Foundation will have 50 backpacks for 2022.
How to receive your Backpack:
Please register for your backpacks. We will hold a distribution event in August, before the start of school at a location on or near Base housing. We will announce this location, time and details in July.
How to Sign Up:
Please complete the application form
- Complete and submit online “Backpack Brigade Program Application” below (IMPORTANT TO NOTE WHEN SUBMITTING VIA WEBSITE! All Mandatory Fields (noted with an *) on the “Backpack Brigade Program Application” must be filled in prior to processing “Submit Application” button.); OR
- Download, print and return application form and send via email to [email protected]; OR
- Download, print and return Backpack Brigade Program Application and send via US Mail to:
Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1365
Rio Grande, NJ 08242
Backpack Brigade Program Application
If you choose to submit via mail or email, please complete the form above and download here: