Community Activity Program Information
Objective: The objective of the Coast Guard Community Activity Program is to encourage Coast Guard members and their families to enjoy a variety of community activities. This program, operated by the Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation (the Foundation), will reimburse fees for participating in local programs of interest to Coast Guard families.
Eligibility: The program is open to active duty Coast Guard members and their families who either reside or are stationed in Cape May County
Eligible programs: Organizations within Cape May County that provide group activities for all age groups. Organizations outside of Cape May County will be considered at the discretion of the Foundation.
- Maximum of $300 per dependent per calendar year
- Activities excluded for reimbursement include daycare, summer camps, tutoring and accessories or equipment
- Reimbursement is not guaranteed and is dependent upon availability of funds
- The Foundation has final authority for reimbursement decisions
Process to request reimbursement:
1. Initial payment made by Coast Guard member
2. Request reimbursement via one of three methods:
a) Submit online “Reimbursement Request Form” with a copy of the receipt for the program below (IMPORTANT TO NOTE WHEN SUBMITTING VIA WEBSITE! All Mandatory Fields (noted with an *) on the “Community Program Activity Application Form” must be filled in prior to processing “Submit Application” button.); OR
c) Download, print and return reimbursement form and copy of the receipt for the program and send via US Mail to:
Coast Guard Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1365
Rio Grande, NJ 08242
3. Reimbursement check will be mailed to the Coast Guard member by the end of the month after the month of receipt (e.g., check for request received in January will be mailed by end of February)
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.