Community Activity Program Information
Objective: The objective of the Coast Guard Community Activity Program is to encourage Coast Guard members and their families to enjoy a variety of community activities. This program, operated by the Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation (the Foundation), will reimburse fees for participating in local programs of interest to Coast Guard families.
Eligibility: The program is open to active duty Coast Guard members and their families who either reside or are stationed in Cape May County
Eligible programs: Organizations within Cape May County that provide group activities for all age groups. Organizations outside of Cape May County will be considered at the discretion of the Foundation.
- Reimbursement is limited to $100 per person, per activity
- Eligible activities must occur between September (Labor Day) and May (Memorial Day)
- Maximum of $300 per dependent per calendar year
- Activities excluded for reimbursement include daycare, summer camps and equipment
- Reimbursement is not guaranteed and is dependent upon availability of funds
- The Foundation has final authority for reimbursement decisions
Process to request reimbursement:
1. Initial payment made by Coast Guard member
2. Submit “Reimbursement Request Form” with a copy of the receipt for the program below,
or download, print and return via email to [email protected] ,
or mail to:
Coast Guard Community Foundation
P.O. Box 1365
Rio Grande, NJ 08242
3. Reimbursement in the form of a check or gift card will be mailed to the Coast Guard member on a quarterly basis (end of November, February and May)
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.