Food vendors are invited to participate in the 2024 Coast Guard Community Festival. More than 5,000 people are expected to attend this year’s event. Festival vendor spaces are limited and will be granted by application only. Electrical hookups are available upon request. Please read the Vendor Guidelines before applying.
Application deadline: April 18, 2024
Applications approved on a rolling basis. Final inclusions notified by May 1, 2024.
Single-item food vendors— $225
Multiple-item food vendors — $325
Do not send payment with the application. Payment will be accepted once your application has been approved.
Event organizers will not supply any equipment to vendors. If you bring your own tent, please review the guidelines.
LIST OF STAFF
Please provide a list of your staff by May 10, 2024. Please email the names of the people who will be arriving prior to the start of the festival to set up your exhibit as well as those working for the day. THE COAST GUARD RUNS THIS LIST FOR SPECIAL CLEARANCE.
Food Vendor Application
The annual Coast Guard Community Festival at Training Center Cape May will be held May 18, 2024. The Festival celebrates Cape May County’s designation as an official Coast Guard Community and recognizes the ongoing special relationship between the Coast Guard and our local communities. Vendors are invited to enhance the Festival atmosphere by providing high-quality food service and merchandise sales with a special emphasis on products related to the Coast Guard. The Festival Committee will approve all vendors to ensure that sales are consistent with the mission of the Festival.
- Admission to the Festival is free.
- The Festival is held on an Active Military Base. All rules and regulations must be followed at all times.
- A list of names of individuals entering the base as part of each vendor’s company will be required in advance of the Festival. Adults are required to have valid photo identification. Vehicles must have valid registration and insurance. Bags and containers are subject to search.
- Any vendor who misrepresents themselves on this application will be asked to leave the Festival.
- Once your application has been accepted, fees are non-refundable for any reason, including weather.
- Vendors are required to have their areas set-up by 9:30 AM and must remain until 4 PM. LATE SET-UP AND EARLY BREAKDOWN IS NOT ALLOWED. Materials or items may not be left on site.
- The Festival is a rain or shine event. There is no rain date. All vendor spaces are outdoors. No shelter will be provided. Vendors must be prepared for a full day outdoors with proper precautions taken to protect from weather-related issues (wind, sun, etc.)
- Vendors who elect to bring their own tent are responsible for properly securing it for wind by using weights (sandbags, concrete buckets, water jugs, etc.). Staking of tents is not allowed.
- Vendors may bring food for their own consumption during the day. This food cannot be offered for sale. Alcoholic beverages may not be brought on base.
- Parking will be provided in a designated area for one vehicle associated with the vendor. The vehicle must remain parked for the whole event. Vehicle movement is not allowed during the Festival
- The location of your vendor space will be determined by the committee and you will not be notified in advance of the event.
- The Festival does not assume responsibility for any loss or damage of property related to the vendor’s participation in the festival.
- Vendors will be required to present a Certificate of Insurance naming “Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation” as co-insured.
*WI-FI not available on site.
Coupon Program (Food Vendors Only)
The Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation provides a $10 Coupon toward lunch to all Active-Duty Military Members. Food vendors are asked to accept the coupon toward payment from clearly credentialed military members. The Foundation will reimburse food vendors by June 1 for the value of Coupons they collect and turn in on May 18 or vendors may choose to donate the value of the Coupon total to the Foundation.
The Foundation expects to issue one $10 coupon per person to an estimated 700 people, who will have the option of using their Coupon at any of the multiple vendors. Your willingness to participate in this program may affect the decision on your application.