Our nonprofit’s main program is the annual Coast Guard Community Week:
- 2015 – The inaugural Coast Guard Community Festival to celebrate Cape May County’s designation as a Coast Guard Community.
- 2018 – Our programs expanded to include hosting the Southern New Jersey Coast Guard Ball in partnership with the U.S. Coast Guard.
- 2019 – Schedule of events increased to a full week during our Spring shoulder season.
- We’ve added local events throughout Cape May County to create a week-long celebration of the Coast Guard’s importance to the region and to align with merchants and tourist activities.
We’ve also provided a variety of programs that have had a positive impact on the Coast Guard members and their families in our community. These include the following:
- Established a Community Activity program which reimburses Coast Guard families for the registration fees for community activity programs.
- Supported the Jersey Cape Military Spouses’ Club annual baby shower with gift cards and raffle items for Coast Guard families who are adopting, expecting or have infants up to 6 months old.
- Free ice cream for Coast Guard members and their families at the Coast Guard Day celebration held at USCG Training Center Cape May.
- A portion of the funds from the festival support the USCG Training Center Cape May’s Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) branch to provide leisure programs and services to improve the quality of life of Service members and their families.
- Active duty military lunch vouchers for attendees at the annual Coast Guard Community Festival in appreciation for their service.
- Contribution to the commissioning celebrations for new Fast Response Cutters which are homeported in Cape May including the USCGC Lawrence Lawson, Rollin Fritch, and Angela McShan.
We will continue to identify programs that will meet the needs of Coast Guard members and their families in our community.