Local non-profit community groups are invited to participate in the Coast Guard Community Festival for FREE. Don’t miss your opportunity to reach more than 5,000 people. Priority will be given to groups providing educational Coast Guard-related displays and hands-on activities. Application deadline: March 13, 2020.
Applications approved on a rotating basis. Final inclusions notified by April 5. FREE for non-profits with educational, informational and/or hands-on displays. Fee for non-profits with retail sales: $50. Advance approval required.
Table and chairs: FREE
10×10 tent for your space: $100 each
Set-up: 7 to 8:30 AM
Festival: 10 AM to 4 PM
Break-down: 4:30 PM
LIST OF STAFF
By April 12, please email me the names of the people who will be arriving prior to the start of the festival to set up your exhibit. THE COAST GUARD RUNS THIS LIST FOR SPECIAL CLEARANCE.
Community Group Guidelines
The 6th annual Coast Guard Community Festival will be held at Training Center Cape May on May 2, 2020. The festival celebrates Cape May County’s designation as an official Coast Guard Community and recognizes the ongoing special relationship between the Coast Guard and our local communities. Non-profit community groups and service providers are invited to participate to highlight resources available to Coast Guard personnel, their families and our community. The festival committee will approve the participation of all community groups to ensure that exhibits are consistent with the mission of the festival.
- Admission to the festival is free.
- The festival is held on an active military base. All rules and regulations must be followed at all times.
- Adults are required to have valid photo identification. Vehicles must have valid registration and insurance. Bags and containers are subject to search.
- Community groups are required to maintain a physical presence at their exhibit throughout the festival. At no point should the exhibit be left unstaffed.
- Any community group who misrepresents the content or intent of their exhibit will be asked to leave the festival.
- Once your application has been accepted, fees (if applicable) are non-refundable for any reason, including weather.
- Make checks payable to the Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation.
Content of Exhibits
- Local community groups and organizations are encouraged to provide educational and informational displays for the benefit of Coast Guard personnel and members of our community. The purpose of the exhibit should be to heighten awareness about community resources not to sell a particular good or service.
- Exhibits should be appropriate for all ages.
- The name of the community group should be prominently displayed on the exhibit.
Fundraising and Sale of Goods
- Requests to sell goods must be made at the time of application. Only approved items may be sold.
- Requests and approvals must be in writing to be valid. A $50 fee applies and must be remitted in advance.
- Requests to conduct fundraising and/or donation drives to support community groups must be made in writing. Requests will be reviewed and approved by the foundation board.
- Community groups are required to have their exhibits set-up by 10 AM. Exhibits must remain until 4 PM. LATE SET-UP OR EARLY BREAKDOWN IS NOT ALLOWED. Materials or items may not be left on site.
- This is a rain or shine event. There is no rain date. All exhibit spaces are outdoors. No shelter will be provided. Community groups and their exhibits must be prepared for a full day outdoors with proper precautions taken to protect from weather-related issues (wind, sun, etc.)
- Community groups who bring their own tent are responsible for properly securing it for wind by using weights (sand bags, concrete buckets, water jugs, etc.). Staking of tents is not allowed.
- Community groups may bring food for their own consumption during the day. This food cannot be offered for sale. Alcoholic beverages may not be brought on base.
- Parking will be provided in a designated area for one vehicle associated with the exhibit. The vehicle must remain parked for the whole event. Vehicle movement is not allowed during the festival.
- Your exhibit location will be assigned by the committee and you will not be notified in advance of the event.
- The festival does not assume responsibility for any loss or damage of property related to the community group’s participation in the festival.
*WI-FI not available on site